The Heart Attack Prevention Service - by Email.
Takeheart Health Check
The Heart Attack Prevention Service - by Email
Fill in the form. Click on "Submit". Your Takeheart report will be prepared shortly and sent to you as a "Word" attachment to an e-mail.
There are some items which you should ask your doctor to measure for you before filling in the form.
- Blood pressure
- In millimetres of mercury, both systolic and diastolic.
- Total cholesterol only. It does not have to be measured on a fasting sample of blood.
- The Gamma-Glutamyl-Transpeptidase (GGT). This is a blood test and can be performed using the same sample as for cholesterol. It is not essential for producing a report, but would be most useful if you can obtain a measurement.
- The Peak Flow Rate
- This is a measure of lung function and is performed by blowing as hard as possible down a tube into a machine. It is available in all doctors surgeries. It is not essential for producing a report, but would be most useful if you can obtain a measurement.
- Carbon Monoxide
- This is another blow into a machine, like a breathalyser. Commonly it is a "Bedfont Smokerlyser" and is available in many surgeries or health education authorities. The measurement is in parts per million. This is not essential for producing a report, there may be some difficulty in tracking down an analyser. If it is possible to get a reading done it would be helpful.
You will also need to know your height and your weight. Both measured in ordinary indoor clothes and shoes.
Takeheart has to request a small contribution of £5 (or equivalent) before reports are processed and sent. This is to defray some of the expenses of this web site. Takeheart carries no advertisements and is not sponsored. We rely upon our clients.
© G.M.Clayton 1997
GMC Register Number 0147091